"Hemp is the necessity of wealth and protection of our country" - Thomas Jefferson
Our Green Initiative
CP Prints’ green initiative is to organize a Hemp manufacturing facility capable of processing Industrial Hemp into paper to transition our business cards to "tree-free" paper made from Hemp. Hemp paper is superior to paper made from trees in many ways. The main ingredient extracted from trees to produce paper is Cellulose. Trees on average are 30% cellulose meaning mills must use harsh chemicals to remove the other 70% of material while Hemp is 85% cellulose which results in less land harvested for same amount of Cellulose. One acre of Hemp can produce same amount of paper as 5-10 acres of trees! Also, less water and chemicals are needed to extract Cellulose which makes Hemp last centuries longer because its the harsh chemicals used that cause yellowing and paper to degrade over time as the acids continue to eat away at the tree paper, In addition, Hemp paper can be recycled up to 7x versus 3x for tree paper. Industrial Hemp can be grown almost anywhere in North America and is naturally resistant to weeds and bugs requiring no pesticides or herbicides spraying resulting in less chemicals on our water supply. YAY! The Hemp Grand Finale: every part of the Hemp plant can be used to produce goods from it's fibers to make clothes, sporting equipment, bagging, etc. Hurds for paper, Hempcrete and insulation, Hemp seeds which have exact balance of Omega 3 & 6 for our bodies on top of being great source of protein and fiber and Hemp also contains loads of CBD to produce CBD oil commonly used by patients with Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, Crohn's Disease,Schizophrenia, PTSD and more! Hemp is a Miracle plant!
With all these benefits, you may wonder why we are not already growing Hemp and processing it into all these products. Well currently Hemp makes up around .05% of the annual pulp production by volume and this low number is result of the high cost to import Hemp which makes it 2-3x more expensive than growing domestically. This allows for tree paper producers to compete. With scarce and expensive supply, there is little interest in investing the capital needed to develop large production Hemp processing plants which further increases the cost disparity and this has trickling effects to all sides of Hemp market. Hemp is currently in limbo and suffers from ongoing match of pointing fingers between consumers, processors, investors and farmers all wanting same result but unable to start without the proper infrastructure and market conditions. We plan on ending this match by directly funding the capital needed to build a Hemp processing facility using the sales of CannaCo Supply company while educating millions of Americans of the benefits of Hemp turning them into consumers creating the demand for farmers to grow the crop satisfying the infrastructure and market conditions needed for a thriving Hemp industry! We understand this will be no easy task and will require the help of hundreds possibly thousands of individuals and communities to provide the support needed to jump start this industry and provide the foundation for a sustainable relationship between our species and our planet, Earth.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.